Sunday, August 19, 2012

A year ago today.

Hey everyone! I hope y'all have had a wonderful week! I am so sorry for not updating after my last post saying I was on the way to St. Jude. My day was super busy and it consisted of meeting with some of my doctors, blood work, and an ultrasound on my neck. The ultrasound was to look at my lymph nodes and they looked normal (yayy!). The reason we had to check my lymph nodes is because my cancer was not only limited to my thyroid but it also had spread to my lymph nodes. The blood work came back great and so did my ultrasound! God is so great and He is so faithful! Thank you everyone for all of the prayers and for checking in on me. Today is a very special day for me because a year ago today I was sitting in Sunday school looking up at my mom when she noticed a lump on the side of my neck. I was 14 years old and just staring my first year of high school oblivious to the fact that my life was about to change forever. I went to the sermon but I could not even pay attention because I was so worried and scared. So many thoughts were swimming around in my head and I could not even focus on what the preacher was saying. I remember sitting in church so concerned and confused but all of a sudden a peace came over me. I can't even begin to explain it because I do not even understand myself but I know that the LORD calmed my heart. In an instant my thoughts of doubt were changed to thoughts of the LORD's faithfulness and love for His children. I realized that no matter what this lump on the side of my neck was the LORD would be there walking alongside me the whole journey and providing me strength on the days that I had none. What a blessing that I found my tumor in church and because of that my first instinct was to pray and talk with my heavenly Father. I have been at peace with my situation from the beginning because the LORD truly worked in my heart and settled it. I knew that if the lump was nothing or if it was serious he would be there every step of the way. Today is  a very happy day because looking back on this year and thinking of all that I have been through it is so cool to see how the LORD has worked in my body to heal it. I am still recovering but I am so much better than I was and that is so encouraging to see that huge contrast. Thank you everyone for your continuous prayers and encouragement. When someone gets sick it not only effects the person who is sick but it effects everyone around them so thank you everyone for you persistance of support. I have no words to express how truly thankful I am! "I am the LORD who heals you." Exodus 15:26

No comments:

Post a Comment