Saturday, October 18, 2014

Always There

Always there. He was, and continues to be, always
                                                                                     there. 

Change can be a good thing. Personally, I prefer the change that I control, like changing my hair or style, however change comes in many different shapes and sizes. First things first, my blog format has changed! Pretty cool, I must say, even though I am slightly biased. Along with the new format, I decided that it was time to change my title. Previously, the title of my blog was "God is Love." When I created my blog a few years ago I was stuck on a title, and so I turned to my prayer journal for inspiration. I remember reading "GOD IS LOVE" scribbled down in the margin along with more notes regarding the  flawless verse of 1 John 4:8. I knew right away that would be the title of my blog. Don't get me wrong, I still love that verse, however I do not feel like it "sums up" the theme of my blog completely. After doing some heavy thinking and reading of old posts, evidence of His faithfulness reminded me that He has always been there

Luis was recently told the familiar words "the chemo isn't working." About a month ago, the doctors discovered his cancer has spread to his spine and pelvis. The doctors are not overly concerned about these new tumors because they are small however, they are very concerned about two tumors, one located on his heart and another on his trachea. In addition to his new chemo, yesterday, Luis started his first round of radiation. The doctors are hoping that the mixture of chemo and radiation will be the perfect combination to send his cancer into remission. This is the first time for Luis to receive radiation, and so far he is not experiencing any side effects. Praise the LORD. Change, change, change. This has sent all of us into a whirlwind as the various emotions swirl around our minds and make us uncertain of what to feel. This is the change that I wish I could influence, but alas, it is entirely out of my control.

If I had to chose one word to describe the Luis I have witnessed over the past month, I would chose "peaceful." Luis is a new person. He is smothered by a peace that I cannot understand, and quite frankly, I envy deeply. He smiles, all the time, when he of all people, has a reason to be angry. Luis is filled with hope, a hope and peace so great that it must flow from Someone greater than I am. He has always been there, and I believe that He is here now more than ever. The LORD is constantly fueling Luis with strength to face that battle laid out before him, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Always there. He was, and continues to be, always
                                                                                     there. 


Another fun change, Luis now has a puppy named Luna! She brings so much joy to us and we are so thankful for her. 






No comments:

Post a Comment