Friday, June 22, 2012

50th Anniversary Fun!

Hello family and friends, I hope your day has been spectacular! Mine has been so wonderful! I started off the morning by going to the hospital (St. Jude) to see Jordin Sparks perform because she was holding a concert for all the patients. She is such a beautiful young lady with such a sweet heart! I cannot say enough good things about her. It speaks so much about her character to give up her time to do this for the families of St. Jude. The show was so much fun and the best part was being able to visit with all of my St. Jude friends. It is so great to have activities like this because it helps patients like me get their mind off of everything. This weekend is a very busy week full of special celebrations for St. Jude because this year is their 50th year anniversary. Tonight I had the privilege of attending one of the dinners and it was truly such a wonderful experience. It was a night filled with touching stories, Lebanese dancing, and delicious food. It was so incredible to be in a room filled with the people who have helped made St. Jude what it is today. I got to hear personal stories from Tony Thomas (the founder of St. Jude's son) about his father and I got to see a side of St. Jude that I have never seen before. Because I am a patient most of my time is spent up at the hospital but I have never really been able to experience this personal side and hear stories about what went into making the hospital what it is today. I am so blessed to be in the excellent hands of St. Jude and I am so thankful for Danny Thomas and his dream to make sure that no child dies in the dawn of life. I am looking forward to the gala tomorrow night and the best part is some of my friends were asked to speak and tell their story. How neat! St. Jude is one huge family and I am fortunate enough to be a part of it. Today was a very good day for me energy wise. After the concert we went home and I got to take a nap. Then I got all dressed up in fancy clothes and went to the dinner. I started to feel bad and so I had to leave a little early but I am very proud of myself for staying as long as I did. Please continsue to pray for the consistency of my energy levels and for my recovery. Keep ALL of the patients of St. Jude in your prayers as they face their daily health challenges. Once again thank you everyone for all of
your wonderful support and prayers through this tough time in my life! :)
"When the righteous cry for help, The LORD hears, and rescues them from all their troubles."  Psalm 34:17

No comments:

Post a Comment