Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Do not fear for He is with you

I hope that everyone has been enjoying this beautiful day! I am still at the beach and although some of the day was rainy it was still a great day! In the morning the weather was perfect so my family and I headed down to the beach to enjoy the day. After a couple of hours of great weather the skies started to darken as a thunder storm was approaching. As I looked out all I could see was giant storm clouds filled with rain and huge waves crashing on the shore. Everyone on the beach went back up to their condos to get far away from the storm that was moving our was super fast. When the weather was nice everyone came out to enjoy the beach but as soon as it got ugly outside everyone went the complete other direction and get as far away from the storm as possible. People tend to run away when life gets hard and this was such a great illistration. I found out that I had cancer in August of 2011 and I am so very blessed to have people in my life that stayed with me during my storm. There are people that will only want to be with you when the weather is nice and there are people that will stick with you no matter what the weather looks like! We all have storms in our lives, some greater than others but no matter what the LORD is always there walking alongside you the whole time. He will NEVER leave you during the hardest parts of your life. "Don't be afraid for I am with you. Don't be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 40:41. No matter how many times you stray away from Him, He comes chasing after you with open arms and never leaves your side. There are so many people right now going through hard times and I want to challenge each and everyone of you to be the person who sticks around even when things get difficult. There is someone right now who would love to see your smile and hear your encouraging words. When people check in on me to see how I am doing it makes me feel so much better and it is encouraging to know that someone went out of their way to ask about me. So who are you going to be... the person who stays even when times get tough or the person who is the first one to run away. Be the one who sticks around because you never know how much someone needs it. Please continue to pray for my friend Leslie! She had her surgery and everything went smoothly (praise God!). Pray over her health and pray for a speedy recovery. It is very frustrating to feel tired and weak so pray for patience for her and her family. Also please continue to pray for my energy levels and that soon I will be feeling back to normal and feel like the old me. Thank you everyone for your prayers, support, and kind words. They are much appreciated and truly make my day so much better. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment