Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kanakuk bound

Hello everyone! Today is a really exciting day for me because I am on my way to camp! This will be my eighth summer at Kanakuk and I am very excited to be able to see all of my friends and old counselors. The best thing about camp is everyone here is so on fire for the LORD and they truly live everyday of their lives out for our LORD and savior Jesus Christ. It is so encouraging and by the time I get home my heart is exactly where it needs to be. I am so excited to see how the LORD is going to use me and my story to reach out to other people. I hope and pray that I will have the opportunity to share my testimony because it is such a wonderful picture of the LORD's unfailing love for his children. I know that my sickness has not been in vain and I'm so excited for this week because I will be able to see some of the many plans the LORD has for me! Please pray for my while I am at camp and that everything I say and do will be for His glory, not mine. I also pray that I will grow spiritually! A couple of days ago we found out that Walgreens had given me the wrong medicine and for the past 3 weeks I have been taking the wrong medicine. It takes about a week and a half for the medicine to get in my system so for the first week I could not notice anything and I felt fine. After the first week I started to feel really weak and it confused me since for the past couple of weeks I had started to feel a little better. While I was at the beach I was extremely exhausted and I thought it was from the heat. I also got sick on the trip and I thought I was just tired from fighting a cold but when we got back home and my mom went to refill my medicine she found out that I had been taking the wrong medicine!! There are two types of thyroid medicine: generic and name brand. Most people can take either and be fine but I cannot take the generic because it does it work at all in my body. After my treatment when they put me back on thyroid medicine we discovered that my body just would not take the generic brand so we switched to name brand. Since I have been taking the wrong medicine for the past 3 weeks it has been like I have not been taking any medicine at all. If I would have gone to camp and still not been aware of the medicine mix up then I would of felt so extremely tired and weak. It would almost like I would be doing my treatment all over again! What a blessing that we figured out the problem! We have the right medicine but it takes a little but to get in my system so this week at camp I will probably be pretty tired. I am going to take it easy this week and not participate in all of the activities just because my strength is not back to normal and I don't want to wear myself out. Please pray for my energy levels and that they will stay consistent this week! This is a big step for momma to let me go because I have not gone anywhere without her this year, not even spend the night out. I was diagnosed about two weeks after I came back last year and my first concern was if I was going to be able to come to camp this summer and I am so thankful and blessed to be visiting my Kanakuk family this week! Everyone at camp has been so wonderful and kept up with me during everything and I can't wait to see everyone! I am supposed to be at camp right now but since I am part of the Walker family it is impossible for us to be early or on time anywhere! :) Please continue to pray for my friend Leslie and right now she is in isolation at St. Jude with an infection. God is in control and His plan is so wonderful so just pray for her and her family to be able to see and trust in His plan during this scary time. I have some big appointments when I come back from camp so please pray for some more good results! Thank you everyone for the love and support! Means the world to me! Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment