Monday, December 10, 2012

My new scar!

Hey guys! I wrote this yesterday but forgot to publish it...


December 9, 2012: Hello everyone, I hope that your day has been great! Today has been a fabulous day, filled with resting and spending time with lovely visitors. I have great news; I had a great sleep last night and the pain in my throat from the breathing tube is completely gone! I was so excited when I woke up this morning and realized that there was no more pain. My sister and I had a "slumber party" last night which was a lot of fun and there was a huge difference in the way I felt after a good night's rest. I am so thankful for the absence of the pain in my throat and a complete rest. I still have a lot of pain in my neck from the incision. Also my neck is very stiff since the doctor cut out some of my skin, which causes extreme discomfort. Because of the pain in my neck, I am still taking morphine, which means I am still sick to my stomach. I would rather have less pain and be sick to my stomach than be in a lot of pain, so I continue to take morphine. I have not thrown up today which is also really good news so please continue to pray for my pain and nausea. Today I was allowed to take off my bandage which was really exciting. I have been wearing a dressing over the scar since I got out of surgery and the doctor told us that 48 hours after the surgery, we could remove it. I love my scar, simply because it is visible evidence of my testimony. So many times I have been asked about my scar, leading to the opportunity to share my story with random strangers. But since my old scar had keloids, they had to cut it completely out. Now I have a brand new scar which is so exciting! It was really scary to take off the bandage because I had no idea what the scar was going to look like and I am not really good with change. I am so thankful for my new scar and the opportunity to have this surgery. I cannot wait to be able to touch it without any pain. Thank you EVERYONE for your prayers and support during this time. Y'all are so wonderful! "And He who sits on the throne said "Behold I am making all  things new."" Revelation 21:5. Through Jesus Christ, I am a new creation.




                                                         
                                                                   
                                                     










No comments:

Post a Comment