Saturday, December 8, 2012

Things can only get better

Hello everyone! I challenge you to take a few minutes to stop and notice all of the wonderful things in your life. We are so blessed and we often find ourselves effortlessly taking advantage of these blessings. We have so many things to be thankful for and when we begin to thank the LORD for everything, we become aware of his presence, which overshadows all of our problems. Today has been such a lovely day and I am very thankful for all of the people who took time out of their day to come and visit me. Last night I did not get a lot of sleep because I was in a lot of pain. It was very difficult to fall asleep because my neck hurts a lot and each time I would try to turn on my side I would wake up. But besides my difficulty to sleep, my day was great! I was surrounded by friends and family who loved on me all day long and made it easy to forget my pain. It is so beautiful to see people take time out of their day to come and see me. Thank you everyone who came to see me. When I say it means a lot to me, that is an understatement because y'all mean the world to me! Right now I am still in a lot of pain. The incision is hurting and my throat is also sore because of the breathing tube that was in my throat during the surgery. The incision pain is about the same as yesterday and thankfully, the pain in my throat has improved a lot. Also, the morphine is not making my stomach as upset. I am still a little nauseous after I take it, but it is SO much better and I have not thrown up today, yayy! Today while I was lying in bed, I realized how strong the LORD is when I am not. A couple of posts ago I said that I was excited for my surgery and this is why. I am so weak right now and I am not even capable of walking down the steps without someone assisting me. You could say that right now I am at my lowest, but it is when I am at my lowest that I filled with the presence and love of my Savior. I am blessed that I have the opportunity to be brought down to this low point so that I can be reminded of the overwhelming strength of my God. When I am weak, he becomes strong and I love my cancer so much, because each day I am reminded of this. I honestly do not know what the next day will bring, but in each and every trial I face I am taught a new lesson. Today when I was sitting in bed, I stopped worrying about everything and just laid there, thinking about the beauty of life. Right now I am so content with life and every beautiful thing it has to offer. I am currently surrounded by people who love me and at the same time I am learning all over again what it is like to depend on the LORD for strength. I have NOTHING to complain about and that makes it so easy to stop for a second and realize that life is so beautiful. We should take nothing for granted and give thanks in all situations, even our lowest. Although it can be hard at times to gain perspective, in every situation there is always something to be thankful for. During the hard times you have to become patient and pray that the LORD will reveal his plan, and eventually things will get better, I promise. Whatever you are going through, try to take a second and realize how blessed you really are. Look up, because things can only get better. Thank you everyone for your prayers and love during this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment